Friday, December 17, 2010

Tis the Season

Bells will be ringing...




Mary did you know..


O Holy Night...


What a wonderful season! This is the first time in YEARS that I have been thrilled to be celebrating Christmas. I realize that this Christmas is special in many many ways. You see it is possible that this is the last Christmas that Ryan will be an only child and it's possibly the last Christmas with my grandfather. Bittersweet? Yes.

I could chose to be afraid of what's coming or welcome the change. I don't welcome the death of my grandfather but trust me I welcome celebrating that he will no longer be hurting and he will running and praising our sweet Jesus.

But first, I have a confession. You see Satan has been attacking me left and right this week. He has been turning answered prayers into frustrated anger prayers. And I have sat by and let him steal my joy.

As I addressed my Christmas cards this morning, I was listening to Pandora and "Mary Did You Know" followed by "O Holy Night" played. God came Near. He said, "you can continue to be angry at me or you can ask to be forgiven for your attitude and relish in the joy of Christmas." I went to his throne and begged God to forgive me for my horrible attitude towards him, my husband, and myself. Isn't it great how God continues to forgive us and welcomes us back. His Grace is Sufficient.

Before this week, I was pumped about Christmas. We don't have a lot of extra money to spending on gifts and such but I was joyful. And then Satan just attacked, I sulked and became miserable. God, however, rescued me from myself and my pity.

Tis the Season. I wonder "Did Mary know?"