Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I thought I was going to lose my mind...

so this morning at work, I go potty and there it was B-L-O-O-D. (let me say right now that the baby is PERFECT) I called my best friend (who is also pregnant) and she said call the OB right now. So I called them and they said come here RIGHT NOW. I start crying, I leave work after freaking out my so precious boss, and get in my car. When I arrive I go straight back. I had to pee in a cup. I notice "holy cow" that hurts. Then the midwife comes in the room with a doppler. KEEP IN MIND I'm only 9w5d. I say "it's too early for that" and she said "start praying we can hear the heartbeat b/c ultrasounds are backed up and you could be here for HOURS if you have to wait." After what felt like forever, I hear the fast beat of my baby's heartbeat. The midwife said "thank God you have a baby who will cooperate!" And I'm thinking "thank God I have a baby with a heartbeat"

Then the midwife exams me- YEAST INFECTION and UTI. Seriously, how in the &%*$(# did that happen? Good news, Little Cupcake is still baking away. With how fast that little heart was beating, I'm thinking Little Cupcake may be covered in pink icing too.

The midwife commented on how eventful my first trimester has been and I was like 'yeah, and I don't like drama". She just laughed.

I love my OB practice and how when I call they understand that I'm not trying to be a pain. I am simply in love with a Little Cupcake and I am worried.

Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him. (Psalms 28:6-7)