Sunday, February 6, 2011

I was so scared...

I have had asthma since I October of 2009. It will flare up every now and again but I can always control it with my medication. Last night, NOTHING would work. I was coughing, which was making me through up, and I could not catch my breath. I was SCARED.

We called my parents and they said "GO TO THE E.R.". Now that I am pregnant, we have to take everything in much more seriously. At Kennestone, the ER staff was fantastic. I was back in a room, hooked up to an IV and getting a breathing treatment in less than 30 mins. As I heared the nurse and the doctor say, you are barely moving any air at all in your lungs, I became scared.

Not scared that I couldn't breathe. Scared that all this medicine would not be good for my Cupcake. I was praying for protection for my Little Cupcake. And Brian was perfect, encouraging me to focus on getting better.

Big Brother Ryan was so quiet. He was so nervous. I called him bright and early this morning because I knew he had been thinking about me. He wanted to know everything that happened and what it meant. I am crazy about Mr. Ryan! Grandpa came down to the ER as quickly as possible to check on me and to pick up Ryan so we could focus on getting me better!

I'm now in the bed. I can't sleep but I am resting. Prednisone and albueterol (I can't spell!) will make you wired! I have talked to my OB office and they encourage me that my prescribed medications will be okay and that Momma has to be able to breathe.

Cupcake, 
I am praying for you to be protected from all of these medicines that I have to take right now. I have already put my hospital bracelets in your scrap book so when you are older we can reflect on this eventful weekend. And I am sure that we will at some point blame some quirk of yours on the prednisone! Oh honey- I love you so much. And if something were to happen to you, I will lose my mind. I've known about you for 7 weeks and 3 days and I LOVE you. I cannot wait to snuggle you and teach you all about life. As I have been so scared, I have trusted our unknown future to our known God. I have peace that you are going to be just fine. And as long as I am living my baby you will be.

You keep baking. Your going to be beautiful.

Love,

Momma