Saturday, February 12, 2011

You can't take my joy...

The past week has been a challenge. We have had things thrown in our faces from circumstances that were outside our control that have just shaken us to our core. I recently began reading "Fresh Faith" by Jim Cymbala and in the book Cymbala encourages us as Christians to not allow Satan to take our joy. Satan has been trying hard core to STEAL my joy and I have struggled with letting him. How horrible. I declare that I am a BELIEVER and DEDICATED to God so why am I letting Satan do this to my life, my marriage, and most importantly my faith!

We have been on the brink of God opening some amazing doors for us and Satan is just trying to undermine our joy. However, we cannot let him do this. We have to cling to God and believe that the good work He has begun in us that He will finish! I had to step back and examine my attitude towards it all and ask God to forgive me for my sin of unbelief and for allowing Satan to invade my mind and my heart.

My faith is very real to me and so are my struggles. But I pray that I live a life that brings Him glory. This isn't about me. This is about Him. I want to radiate His love. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for us and the walk is hard. I become discouraged because I know that in 7 months we will welcome a bundle of joy into our home and without a door being opened then this is going to be extremely difficult. But I have to trust that God gave us this baby because He has a plan for our future. A plan that includes being able to love and care for this child and for Ryan. I have to keep pressing forward and devoting much more of my life to him. I can't expect him to deliver me if I am not trusting Him to change my life. If I am not sold out for Him why should He change my life?