Friday, March 18, 2011

Praise the Lord!

“I thank You and praise You, O God of my fathers; You have given me wisdom and might, And have now made known to me what we asked of You, For You have made known to us the king’s demand.”

Daniel 2:23
I have been pregnant for 13 weeks and man the past 13 weeks have been full of emotions and drama. Nothing however compared to the anxiety in my heart as I prepared myself for today. Today was the day of our NT scan. This scan looked for Trisomy 13 and 18 (both which are fatal) and Trisomy 21 (Down Syndrome). Trust me, I know beyond a shadow of doubt that I would rock being the mother of a child with Down Syndrome or any other syndrome which would allow my child to be here with me. Fatal diagnosises are not something I could handle without the strength of my Lord and Savior.

God heard my cry and answered the prayer of my heart. Our baby is looking great! We still have to wait on the blood work but there were no visible markers of any syndrome.

We also are concerned with heart defects (I was born with a hole in my heart) and cleft lip and palate (Ryan was born with this). The doctor spent a lot of time reviewing the function of the heart. The four chambers are there and in the right places and pumping blood in and out like they are supposed to. Then, the doctor spent a lot of time looking at the face. It is pretty much impossible to see a cleft lip/ palate at this point in pregnancy but there was NO INDICATION of this.

I am so thankful that God is answering our prayers and giving us a healthy bouncing baby. This is such a huge blessing!

To those of you who prayed over today's scan- thank you. I'd be lost without you.

I cannot wait to get my little man from school and tell him the good news!