Thursday, March 24, 2011

This blog...

So, I have been thinking for awhile now about my blog and what direction I want to head with it. I cover topics from my faith, my life, my struggles, and my randomness. But I titled my blog "Confessions of a Georgia Peach" for a reason. I wanted to be able to confess my frustrations with life here and well, I am a Georgia Peach- born and raised.

I have decided to share my biggest "confession" right here for all of my friends, family, and fellow readers to see. I LOVE having a clean house. I love when my hardwood floors are clean enough to eat off of and my bathroom tile is sparkling. I love when I walk in my house and it smells of roses and/ or cleaning supplies. But you know what, lately, I've felt like this pregnancy was just going to kill me. I mean literally I ask Brian daily if I am going to live. I have been so sick so guess what- my house is SUFFERING and along with it so is my heart because I love a clean house.

I figure that all Mommas go through a period of life where they wish things were just a little tidier. A little cleaner. And a little streamlined. I stumbled across a blog- flylady.com last summer. I decided that as I get the Shoemaker household under control that I'd blog about it.

Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to be working on a shiny kitchen sink, hardwood floors I can be proud of, and laundry that is DONE and not piled up in the laudry room and we are also working on a few minor home improvement projects. Stay tuned- I thought I'd delight each of you and blog about them. I'll even post pictures of how horrible it is right now and how awesome it looks when I finish. It's going to be perfect!

So stay tuned for the following projects:

- cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!
- closet organization in the hall and master bedroom.
- curb appeal
- Ryan's new room
- and re decorating the living room
- curtains for the dining room

Today is March 22 and I am giving myself 2 and 1/2 weeks to complete these projects. That means that I need my body to cooperate and not get sick. Of course, I'll still be blogging about the adventures of our life and the baby but just adding a little bit as I confess that I have allowed myself to fall behind in the daily chores of life!