Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

And Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed His last. Matthew 15: 37

Today is a very special Good Friday to me. You see, this past October I finally got my baptism and my salvation in the right order. This probably is not a big deal to many but to me the disobedience in not having it in the right order was always something between God and I but now that disobedience is G.O.N.E. I obeyed his commands and his call and followed Him in believer's baptism. It's also like I see Easter in a very different way now that my Papa is in Heaven.

You know God will use anything even death to get our attention. (there's another post coming to cover this topic)

So today, as you are running around getting Easter basket stuff, dying Easter eggs, and egg hunts, remember the real reason for this holiday- the death and resurrection of our Savior. Today would have no signifiance if Sunday had not happen!

"And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an angel of the Lord descended from Heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat on it. His countenance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. And the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.
 But the angel answered and said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
Go quickly and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead, and indeed He is going before you into Galilee ; there you will see Him. Behold, I have told you."
- Matthew 28: 2 - 8

I encourage you to open up your eyes so that you can see His tomb is empty. He rose from the dead just as he said he would do! Enjoy your Good Friday, but remember thousands of years ago a man deemed "King of the Jews" died for our sins so that we would not have to pay that price and could spend eternity with Him if we just accept this gift of salvation.