Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Midwife charged with kidnapping baby?!?!

I was hoping to sleep as late as possible today. But my sweet Harper wanted to start dancing early this morning. Silly girl. After I made my mandatory pot of coffee, I turned on the news. Let me just say that I normally do not watch the news but at 6am that's all that is on. The headline that caught my attention as it scrolled across the ticker was "Midwife charged with kidnapping Cobb County Baby".

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/192643/40/Midwife-told-friend-mother-gave-her-baby-willfully

Seriously? Who does this kind of thing? It appears the midwife possibly had good intentions and did not intend harm for the baby. I always assumed that midwives took some sort of vow of protection of babies?!?!?!

This article just shocked me! I had to share!