Friday, May 6, 2011

Romantic Getaways!

SUYL: Romantic Getaways!

When Brian and I married in 2008, we wanted to go somewhere tropical and exotic. We also wanted to go somewhere neither of us had been before and not a cruise. My hairdresser and friend, Natasha, hooked us up with a fabulous travel agent- her mom! She recommended Punta Cana, Domincan Republic. We stayed at The Riu Palace. It was gorgeous! Not too expensive and all inclusive. We ate magnificent food, visited the spa, and drove speed boats on the ocean. After dating for only a year and with me being a mom of then 6 year old, it was so nice to get away some place we felt safe that was everything we had dreamed of. Our room over looked a garden and the ocean and many mornings we spent on our deck drinking coffee then we would play all day and enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the on site restaurants.

Talking about this is making me want to book another trip RIGHT NOW!

Our favorite romantic state side vacation spot is Naples, Florida. On our vacation here though, we always go as a family- the tres amigos (Brian, Ryan, and Leslie). We stay at the Naples Beach and Golf Club. When I tell you this place is top notch, I don't exaggerate. I am HUGE on family though so being able to have my two favorite men with me yet still feels romantic is really a tough order to fill yet this beach front resort does it every single time. The beach is beautiful and daily we would rent umbrellas or a tent and relax on the beach with an adult beverage on hand. At night, you can have dinner on site and listen to a local band or piano player. I love to dance with my husband so it's so perfect! We have only been here on one vacation but let me tell you, as soon as our new arrival is here and old enough to travel we will be heading back ASAP!

Ahhh.. talking about vacations makes me long for July when my toes will be in the water but this trip will be with my ENTIRE family to Daytona Beach. I'm certain this trip will not be romantic but it will still be a blast!