Thursday, June 23, 2011

Time is flying- 27 weeks!

Pregnancy Highlights!

How Far Along: 27 weeks! So according to some sites I've made it to the 3rd trimester but I really think I've got one more week. (To be this close to the end comes with a whirlwind of emotions. For those who know me at all know the fact that I adore my son Ryan is an understatement. He is so thrilled to be a "Big Brother" but I fear he is in for the adjustment of a lifetime. I hope I am capable of helping him navigate this adjustment well. I also wonder is it possible for my heart to grow enough that I will love Harper Elise as much as I love Ryan? I know I will. It just seems impossible.) 

Size of baby:  Well, last week she was 2.4lbs so a lil bigger than that!  

What's Harper doing in there: I normally copy something off of BabyCenter but I thought this week I'd actually tell you what she's doing. I am beginning to discover patterns in her movement. She is active at 2 in the afternoon and 2 in the morning. If I drink orange juice or anything really sugary she gets to moving! She is now so big that I can feel her little bitty body from the outside. When she kicks she moves my all stomach. Sometimes when I talk to her, she will respond with kicking. LOVE IT!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure b/c I'm on bed rest and not moving so probably A LOT! I have an appt tomorrow so I'll find out then probably about 20 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Yep and no. Now that I'm on bed rest I spend most of my time in a tee (not maternity) and pj pants (not maternity)

Gender: Momma's lil girl- Harper Elise

Movement: Like clock work!
What I miss: I miss being able to do whatever I want. I have to be so careful b/c too much movement and I start having contractions.
Cravings: Ice cream and sushi!

Symptoms: Well, no symptoms but I am on bed rest! Boo! Mama Drama. Harper wants to make her debut a little earlier than she should.

Best Moment this week: Finally starting to work on the furniture for the nursery that we are painting.