Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Peace

It's 3am, I haven't slept much tonight. Not because I can't or that I need to be awake but because now in the middle of the night, in the quiet, I can feel God come near. The nurses keep asking what I need to be able to sleep, and I say "nothing. I'm fine." They don't realize that as I sit here awake listening to the sounds of babies crying, monitors beeping, and my child's snoring that I am in the midst of another answered prayer.

Last week, I had hit my wall. I was overwhelmed. I did what I thought was best. I called on my friends and I said "HELP ME!". In prayer for Ryan and Harper, my friends rallied around me praying for this surgery and for Harper to stay put. In the days leading up to this, the texts and the phone calls to check on us flowed in on a regular basis. Yesterday, friends and family changed their status updates on Facebook to mention us and to pray for our son. When I saw Ryan crying, I would hear God's voice say "Peace, be still. I am here." I would also remember that not only was I praying there were probably hundreds of others praying too. Well, here I am 12 hours posts surgery and incredibly grateful to those who prayed for Ryan. He's snoring peacefully. We are experiencing the peace that surpasses all understanding.