Thursday, July 7, 2011

Week 29!

Pregnancy Highlights!

How Far Along: 29 weeks! Third trimester. It dawned on me earlier today that I didn't do a week 28 update. Oh well, I didn't really miss it so I'm sure my readers didn't either. It's hard to believe that I am 1 week away from our "short term" goal.
Size of baby: I can actually feel Harper now and would guess that she is about 12 inches long and maybe pushing 3 pounds!

What's Harper doing in there: I normally copy something off of BabyCenter but I thought this week I'd actually tell you what she's doing. I am beginning to discover patterns in her movement. She is active at 2 in the afternoon and 2 in the morning. If I drink orange juice or anything really sugary she gets to moving! She is now so big that I can feel her little bitty body from the outside. When she kicks she moves all of my stomach. Sometimes when I talk to her, she will respond with kicking. LOVE IT!

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  20 but it's still just baby belly. Honestly, I don't care if I gain 100 pounds I want to deliver a very healthy and happy baby girl at the END of September.
Maternity Clothes: Yep and no. Now that I'm on bed rest I spend most of my time in a tee (not maternity) and pj pants (not maternity).

Gender: Daddy's (?) lil girl- Harper Elise. The other day my Dad called just to check on me. I melted. I also thought about how much I cherish my relationship with my Dad and how I hope to be able to enjoy that same relationship with Harper and Brian one day. Our friends, Hannah and Adam, also encouraged me to let Harper be a Daddy's girl because all girls need a great Dad. Brian's "father" has been absent most of his life so it will be nice for Brian to see that the cycle his dad started can end with his Dad as well.

Movement: Like clock work!

What I miss: My feet? hahahaha I miss being able to come and go as I please. It makes me depressed staying at home all the time. This week I haven't left the house at all except to go to the doctor.

Cravings: Ice cream and sushi!

Symptoms: Well, no symptoms but I am on bed rest! Boo! Mama Drama. Harper wants to make her debut a little earlier than she should. (Day 28 of bed rest about 77 more if I go a full 40 weeks.)

Best Moment this week: Brian calling, "I got the job!" (He had been up for a promotion at work which is MUCH closer to home.)