Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th grade....

(I have pics to post here but right now I can't figure out why they are posting funky!)

I just walked into the quiet house. The only noise is our washing machine and our dishwasher. The summer at this time of day, Ryan and I would have been snuggled all close in our beds as we would sleep until 8:30 or so or at least lay in bed watching tv.

Today is different because Ryan is a big 4th grader! Open House was Monday night, we learned there who our teachers are. We are excited! We have Odom and Wilson. I truly thank God every year for we have been blessed with teachers who exceed my expectations.

On the way to school, Ryan and I resumed our normal routine of prayer time together for the day ahead. We covered his teachers, friends, and administration. This routine is something our pastor Randall said in a sermon that his wife did with their boys and they all cherished it. I can tell you this- I cherish it too!

Typically, the first day of school comes with all of this anxiety about Ryan growing up. This year is different. There is no anxiety about that. He is getting big but even as he matures he is still my baby so I'm okay letting this day pass without the shedding of a few tears because he is growing.

The hard part, though, comes in that my buddy is at school so the house is really quiet. All summer, I have been on bed rest/ limited activity and there were days that without Ryan I would have LOST my mind. Yet, he was here to make me laugh or make me a glass of water when I was too sick to get out of bed. I told him last night that if he stayed as giving as he is now he would make an excellent husband one day.

Anyway, I think there is a saying that goes something like "all good things must come to an end". I have roughly 7 weeks or so before we welcome our addition into our lives. I think I'll savor every minute of quiet time. It will be the last I have for awhile!