Thursday, August 18, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken and Rice

Again, last night we tried another recipe I got off of Pinterest! Crock Pot Chicken and Rice. Let me tell you this. When Ryan's dad came to pick him up, he commented on the smell and then asked if he could have dinner her. LOL. I kept sneaking in the kitchen to "test" it out and OH MY WORD.


I had an epic fail in that I took NO pictures of how ours looked. The above picture is from the site the recipe came from.

Ingredients:

2-4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese (let sit out to soften)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. italian dressing seasoning (the dried kind in the packet)
rice (cook rice separately NOT in the crock pot)

Directions:

stir the cream cheese, cream of chicken, and seasoning together in the crockpot. i actually start it on low and let them sit in there for about 30 min so the cream cheese is softer to stir. (but don't forget about them like i did today!) put the frozen (because i'm lazy) chicken in and cover with the mix. cook on high 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked and fall-apart-tender. after the first two hours when the chicken is softer i cut it up into strips for easier eating. how easy is that!? (I ADDED WATER B/C IT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE ENOUGH MOISTURE IN THE CROCK POT AND I DIDN'T WANT THE CHICKEN DRY. DO NOT DO ADD WATER. RECIPE IS PERFECT. OURS WAS TOO BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITHOUT THE WATER.)

cook the rice in a pot (or rice cooker if you're not dumb like me and know how to use the stupid thing) and smother with chicken mixture! the italian seasoning is the secret ingredient! so yum! (I COOKED TWO BAGS OF BOIL IN A BAG RICE.)
 
Verdict: so yummy we will have it again next week!