Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy 1 Month Birthday!

I cannot believe it, our little cupcake is 1 month old today!

Happy 1 month birthday Harper Elise!



Harper's Stats:
@ birth Harper weighed, 7 pounds 2 ounces.
 @ her first pediatric appointment, she weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces.
20 inches long.
Taking about 4 ounces every 3 hours during the day and every 4 or 5 hours at night.
Right now, she looks a lot like her Daddy but overall is great mix of Brian and I and has A LOT of Ryan's features.
Harper is wearing 0 to 3 month clothes!
She doesn't like her pacifer but will take it when she is extremely fussy!


The past month's activities:
I think it is safe to say that your most favorite thing to do right now is to play with your big brother. You love when he holds you and talks to you!
Harper has stayed with my parents for Ryan's science fair.
At the two week mark, Harper lost her umbilical cord stump.
Harper has stayed with my Dad so Brian and I could watch Courageous with our friends.
We went to outdoor movie night with our ABF class and Harper slept the entire time!
Harper went to the Waffle House!
Harper has been to church three times and stayed in the nursery this past weekend for her first time. (We were excited to see the Cooper's had "Bed Baby" duty. I have known Jeremy Cooper since high school so it was easy leaving her with a friend.)
We watched the Auburn/ Florida game with the Parker's and Brody and Harper became fast friends. :-)

(Brody is trying to hug Harper and Ryan is playing defense against the hug! HAHAHA)
As I get to know Harper, I find myself in awe of the blessings God has showered on me. I am so unworthy yet he chose me to be the mother of two of the greatest children ever.




Harper,

As I watch how quickly you are growing, I wish there was a button I could push to keep you small forever. I love you. I love the way you study my face as I hold you. Your smile captures my heart. When you cry, it makes my heart ache. I want to be able to comfort you as quickly as possible. I am so grateful that I am your mother. We have many more memories to make. Your Daddy is a very proud father and I love watching you two together. You've got him wrapped already! Speaking of having someone wrapped, your brother is so in love with you. I worried about the two of you being friends and now I realize that was so silly! You guys are so sweet together. I've never seen a 9 year old be able to comfort a crying baby BUT he can. I praise Jesus for the two of you. I am so unworthy to be a Mom to you two but so GRATEFUL that God chose me. I'm BLESSED!



Love you sweet girl!