Thursday, December 1, 2011

Harper Elise- 2 Months!

October  (I cannot believe how quickly time flies!) November 16, 2011, our baby girl celebrated her two month birthday! Within this past month, Harper has really grown out of the newborn phase. She has much better head control. She is beginning to smile socially. She is already independent and only likes to be held when we she is eating. Although, Harper is still all snuggly when she is tired. Granted, she goes from all smiles to crying hysterically when she is sleepy. There is NO in between. It cracks me up!


Beautiful baby!!! She wasn't exactly happy during this photo shoot!

Harper, at 2 months you:
  • Are in size 1 diapers
  • Are in a size 1 shoe
  • You are wearing 3 to 6 months clothes but can still wear some 0 to 3.
  • Eat 3 1/2 - 4 ounces every 4 hours during the day.
  • At night, you sleep in stretches varying form 5 hours to 10.5 hours.
  • Bedtime is between 7 and 8.
  • When you were immunized on 11/11, you weighed 11 pounds and 11 ounces. (How cool is that!)
  • You don't like to be out and about shopping with Mom. The lights are too bright!
  • You haven't decided if you like the church nursery or not but every time Mrs Linda gives you kisses you smile!
  • You have started cooing some and when we lay you on your blanket you talk a lot.
  • Tummy time is becoming easier but you still do not do it for very long at a time.
  • You like your activity gym and will lay under it for a very long time.
  • The swing/ vacuum cleaner is your favorite combo.
  • When I hold you, you put your arm around me like you're giving me a hug. (I love this!)
What we've been up to:

For Halloween, you were a duck (the same duck Big Brother was on his first Halloween!)
Isn't she a sweet little duck!




November 1st we went to see Santa! We wanted an early start to Momma's favorite season!


We celebrated Grandpa's birthday! I thought it might be a sad day for Grandpa because it was the first birthday without his Dad so I offered to cook him chili. He LOVED it!



This is your first trip to the Waffle House with Grandpa!
A photo from our photo shoot with the Parkers!


Oh and I almost forgot- the hayride at church for Halloween!


Harper,

It's hard to believe that you are already two months old. I am enjoying every minute of this journey with you. I pray every day that the love of the Lord will be deeply rooted in your heart and that you will come to Him as your Savior at a very young age. I pray that your Dad and I would live lives that lead you in the way that Christ would have us. It is a privilege to be your Mom. I appreciate how hard your Dad works so you and I can enjoy our days together. The journey we are on is going to be amazing and I know that the Lord will bless our friendship!

Love you,

Momma