Friday, March 16, 2012

6 Months!!!!

I cannot believe that our girl is already 6 months old! Time flies when you are having fun and we are having a blast!
This month (February 17 - March 16) has been really just more of the same! Every day is great. I'm head over heels in love with my girl. There are days that I long for 3:30 when Ryan will be home cause to me having both kids is the best. We haven't done much this month but we are staying busy! And Harper hasn't really changed much. Sleep is ALL over the place BUT almost the whole month she has had a horribly painful rash. We were just prescribed our second course of antibiotic. Bedtime is still at 7 but our pediatrician told me to try to play with that. So I will. Most nights, she is sleeping until 630 and waking maybe around 4am to eat. I will take that, I guess. But Dr. Young said I had one month to cut out that 4am feeding because she doesn't need it. FUN NIGHTS ARE AHEAD. That's all I'm going to say about that!
What are your stats?
We had your 6 month well check, you weigh 18 pounds 14 ounces. No wonder my back is breaking all the time!

You are 17 1/4" long. WHOAH!

Are in size 4 diapers.

You can say "da-da".

Are in a size 2 shoe.

You are wearing 9 - 12 month clothes! 

Eat 6 to 8 ounces every 3.5 hours during the day and solids twice a day. Generally you are eating food at breakfast and dinner. We were encouraged today to work quickly to 3 meals and no more than 32 ounces of formula a day. We were already at this mark for formula.  


At night, you sleep in stretches varying from 8 hours to 12 hours straight.


Bedtime is 7 but at the encouragement of Dr. Young we are going to work on this being later.


You are not rolling over or sitting up but Dr. Young was extremely encouraging. We may seek help at 9 months if you haven't mastered these skills yet.

 You like to be out and about with Mommy.

 Big Brother is now playing soccer and you really LOVE being outside watching.


You are a chatter box! And have begun to say "da da".

You love Barney, Curious George, and Sesame Street!


Tummy time is becoming easier and you don't mind independt play. You will do both for 10 - 15 minutes at a time.


You still like your activity gym and will lay under it for a very long time. But now you like to sit in your Boppy to play with the gym versus laying under it.  

  
You have also started bearing weight on your legs if we hold you in a standing position.


You have started drinking from a sippy cup.


You are a great eater and will eat anything I offer.


Harper,

I can't believe you are 6 months old. Seems like yesterday, I was dying to hold you! I feel like I say over and over what a blessing it is to be your mother and Ryan's. But baby girl, it is such a special treat. God made you wonderfully and I am in constant awe of how big a baby you are but I know you are perfectly made in His image. I hope to be able to teach you this and that your self esteem will soar knowing just how perfect you are. My days with you are precious to me. It is a privilege given to me from the sacrifices your Daddy makes so we can spend our days with one another. I pray that you and Ryan understand how much Daddy loves you. Many many moms don't get this opportunity and it is one I do not take lightly. I worry about you not being able to roll over and sit up but I know that Dr. Young is going to guide us a best he can through this. But even if you don't get it for awhile, I can tell you are bright. You love to talk to me. You love to play. You are a joy to be with. You are such a very happy baby. I don't want to wish your life away but Cupcake, these past few months are just a glimpse into the fun that awaits us. I pray we will be the best of friends one day. I am always going to love you. No matter what. I will teach you everything I know about life. You are special to Daddy and I but most of all you are special to God. 

I love you Harper! Happy Birthday!

Momma