Friday, May 25, 2012

CRCT Scores

Earlier this week I received Ryan's CRCT scores, I knew he was smart but I'm a little bit blown away by Reading and ELA- 920 and 898. On Reading, he scored perfectly. On Language Arts, he missed 1 question. He earned straight As for the first time this year. Normally, he is an A/B student. I was P-R-O-U-D. The report card and CRCT scores took my breath away a bit. I immediately called my husband, Ryan (cause he was at the beach with his dad), and my parents.

Times like this I go back in my mind to the day I was told he would be learning impaired. To that doctor I say, "My God is bigger than your wrong diagnosis." I honestly am not sure if the diagnosis was right and God healed Ryan or if the doctor was just wrong. But I believe wholeheartedly in the power of miracles and sometimes it seems like too much of a coincendence to just be a wrong diagnosis. I believe I see God at work in Ryan every single day and that with the help of God Almighty Ryan is one of the smartest kids. As I watch God continually work in the life of my son, I am blown away by His goodness. God didn't have to answer the prayers of my family, friends, and strangers that were praying for him but you know what He did.

I post his scores because I am a proud Mom. I'm not going to lie about that. I like to dote on him just a bit. But mainly I post his scores because he is defying the odds that were stacked against him from day 1. There is a Bible verse, John 9:2-3

His disciples asked him (Jesus), "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

It is my most sincerest prayer that when people are watching us walk down "Cleft Palate Avenue" that the see God in Ryan and I.

To God be the Glory for what he has done in my boy. I will always be continually blessed and my cup runneth over.