Tuesday, May 1, 2012

He's moving mountains...

God has been really using Matthew 17:20:

He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." 


to speak directly to me. First let me say that, Facebook and Twitter are two of my favorite websites and I know that someone I follow or have friended said all of this already. For the life of me though, I can't find the original source of my inspiration. This other source though spoke strongly to me and God has used them and this scripture to speak to me. I'm so pumped!!!

I've heard this verse since I was little. Faith as small as a mustard seed moves mountains. Well, I always thought this was speaking literally of moving mountains. I never have applied it to the "mountains" in my life.  Like if I wanted to move Red Top Mountain and I believed I could well then it would move. I've spoke things like that and then they didn't happen so I assumed I didn't have faith that I could actually move mountains. It NEVER OCCURRED to me that I could move my "mountains". From insipration of whoever shared this with me, God said, "Speak to your mountains Leslie. " I started saying today " ________________ get behind me. God is before me."

"Debt get behind me. My God is before me."
"My love of food get behind me. My God is before me."
"Lazziness to exercise get behind me. My God is before me."
"Stress get behind me. My God is before me."

God is so good. Saying this to my "mountains" felt empowering. I was proclaiming His truths. Now, I believe whole heartedly that my faith can literally move mini mountains. And I watched today as certain trials and tribulations seemingly found their appropriate place.

I am so glad God laid this scripture on someone else's mind and they shared it with me. I needed this life lesson. When I find the original source, I will happily edit this post and share that with you. It's good stuff.

I encourage you that if you aren't sure of your place in eternity to seek out someone or email me. If you are reading this, I so care about you and where you are going. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Belief in Him is the only way to Heaven.  I would love to share my story of how far gone I was and how far He has brought me through redemption, forgiveness, and grace. I'll eventually share my testimony here on the blog but why wait. He's waiting for you. And the time is today. If you are sure of your place in eternity but have slipped away from Him. Call on him. He is missing you and you are missing out. I don't have all the answers, I am no scholar, and I am certainly not perfect. I have never claimed to be anything but FORGIVEN.  I am just a southern girl with a love of Jesus and I'm so grateful to have found Him. I'd love to reach out for any questions or to pray with or for you. I can be reached, here.