Sunday, June 24, 2012

Keeping it Real: Weight loss journey!

Leslie: June 2

Brian: beginning of May @ Duck Derby


I vowed when I started this blog to keep it real, right? Wow looking at these pictures I'm shocked at how much weight I've gained. It's gross actually. I've started many "weight loss journeys" but I feel like this one is different. For starters, it's been 5 weeks. I can't even believe I'm about to share all of this. But I want to be able to look back on this and know that we defeated our enemies- glutony and obesity.


When Brian and I met in October of 2007, we were both heavier than we needed to be but relatively speaking we were not that heavy. I weighed somewhere in the 140s and he was probably 230s. I'm not sure of that. I just know that the pair of jeans I was wearing when I met him still hang in my closet awaiting a day I can put them on again. So, it's easy to say I want to get back to pre pregnancy weight but more than that I want to get back to pre Brian weight.

Brian's goals are to get fit. He wants to be able to play with the kiddos. He also just wants to feel better. But he wants to do this in a way that the weight will stay off. He has lost weight before but it came back because it wasn't lost in realistic manner. I'm so proud of how well he is doing this time.

Brian has been such a motivator for me. In the past, we werent' really ready for the journey but now it's different. We have support of each other, family, and friends. It's such a different feeling.

So here goes the hard stuff! Let's talk stats! I HATE to share this but I know it will help me stay motivated and keep pressing forward.


On May 20:

Leslie's Weight: 172.8
Brian's Weight: 278

Today:

Leslie's Weight: 163.2
Brian's Weight: 259.8

As you can see, Brian is down A LOT! Total weight loss of 18.2 pounds. How awesome is that!!! I am down 9.6. Not as good as Brian but it's a start and it's a pace of about 1.9 per week so I can keep that off!!! Precentage wise Brian has lost 7% and I almost 6%. We hope to hit our goal weight by September. Regardless, the person with the highest precentage lost on Sept 1 is our winner and will decide where we go for a weekend away!

We would love your support! If you have any ideas for ways to do this, or if you have workout suggestions or recipes send them to us @ lbshoemaker (at) gmail (dot) com.