Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Keeping it Real: Working Out!

So I posted on Sunday about The Shoemaker Weight Loss Challenge... Can I just say this is hard?!?!?! I know I didn't put on the pounds over night and they aren't going to come off overnight either but still. It's so discouraging when my hubby can drop weight like it's nothing and I'm begging the pounds to get off!

Well, a few months ago, I was feeling HORRIBLE! I was dizzy all the time. I went to the doctor. He was almost positive I had Type 2 Diabetes or a thyroid problem. NOPE. There was nothing there. He then encouraged me to lose weight, exercise a minimum of 2 1/2 hours a week, and to join Thrive. I didn't stick with Thrive cause really it was just eating better. And I know for the most part what to eat. But I'm trying to work out a good bit to burn calories.

I educated myself that if I burn 3500 calories then I will burn 1 pound of fat.

Last week, I rode a stationary bike for 30 minutes and rode 6 miles. I think I burned like 277 calories. I decided to challenge myself. 30 minutes is the time limit, period. But how far can I go? Today, I rode 7.86 miles and burned 388 calories. All of the calorie totals are calculated by the app MyFitnessPal. I seriously felt like I was going to die. I don't know how effective riding a stationary bike is to my dream of being skinny again but I know this- riding that bike is better than sitting on the couch eating potato chips.


My goal for Thursday's session is 9 miles.

I will also be campaigning for my Mom so that will be a cardio workout in and of itself in this horrid Georgia heat!

Next week, I am going to scale back my time on the bike and start trying out classes.

I can feel the change. That change excites me.

I WANT to be a better me. Here we go!