Sunday, July 1, 2012

Salad in a Jar

I am ADDICTED to Pinterest!!! I love it!! I am always finding different things I want to try. Yesterday, I found several different things I wanted to do among them freezer meals and salad in a jar!

I can hear you now, "Salad in a jar?"

"Yes, salad in a jar!!!

(This is what you need!!!)

I ran to Hobby Lobby for mason jars. The 32 ounce size is normally $2.29 but I scored an early sale that actually starts tomorrow so the jars were 50% off. Whoo hoo!!!

The original recipe I found came from here. I made a few changes though...

Ingredients I used:

Fat Free Italian
Sliced Mushrooms
Tomatoes
Spinach
Put the salad dressing in FIRST. 


Then the mushrooms.



Then the tomatoes. 


Lastly, cram a whole bunch of spinach in the jar.


And the finish product!!

Eating healthy at lunch has been my biggest obstacle on our weight loss journey. I'm hoping this actually works because it will make grabbing a salad for lunch so easy. I'll let you know on Day 4 how they turn out. Next go around (if they work), I'm going to add grilled chicken. You can also Google "salad in a jar" for LOTS and LOTS of ideas!!!


Here's to making my life easier! Enjoy your salad!