Saturday, October 13, 2012

Encourage One Another

I have been stuck in a hole, having myself a good ole pity party! God choose me for this task of taking care of another child with special care needs! Who am I? Who am I to question my ability to do this? Who am I to take the gift He gave me and question her quality? Seriously, who am I?

Apparently, I am pretty awesome in the eyes of my Savior! He not only entrusted Lil Dude and his cleft lip and palate to me but he then saw me fit to continue walking the Cleft Lip and Palate Road while caring for Cupcake who is significantly delayed, coupled with a few extreme sensory issues.

Who am I that the Lord of all the Earth would even care to know my name? Who am I that the Lord who calms the seas, the Lord who created Lil Dude and Cupcake in His image would chose Me to be their Momma? I apparently have a bigger part in His story than I think I deserve!

I have walked around with a sense of entitlement this past few months thinking how people should encourage me. Pardon me as I fall over my awesome self. HA! Shame on me. I pray begging God to forgive me for handling the testimony He gave me so poorly. I pray that from this moment on that I would CLING to His cross knowing He has paved this way and HEALING is coming to my girl.

I would not trade my position in His story for anything and I would not trade my children for the "perfect" child anyway. I love my children. I love their story. I love knowing that God chose me to handle this because He knew I'd lean on Him and trust His guidance. One day, I will stand on the other side of the mountains and I will SING of His glorious goodness and I will share with another mother who is struggling how I struggled and how God carried me through.

So if I know this day of being able to celebrate and help others is coming, why can't I celebrate now? He laid it on my heart that all the while I've been expectant of encouragement that perhaps I should encourage others and maybe then I'd feel a little more encouraged myself.

Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
Hebrews 3:13 
 
I started trying to think of ways I could encourage someone else.
 
- a phone call
- a hand written card
 
Then I went to Pinterest and created a board "Encourage one Another". I've only pinned a couple of things but I'm hoping to find other ways. If you have any other good ways let me know. My best friend, takes coffee to her church office staff a couple times a month. I think that is a great idea!
 
I'm looking forward to encouraging someone!