Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Heaven...



October 31st is a day that many adults and children look forward to all year long. It's fun dressing up in an alter ego and knocking on doors for candy or going to haunted houses. For myself, it's a day I will remember as a day Heaven gained a precious angel. My cousin Connor went home on October 31, 2003.

As I watch my daughter struggle with her gross motor skills, I find myself thinking of Connor all the time. I am not sure how my cousin Nichole stayed as strong and devoted to her special little boy as she did. I never heard her complain. Never. Connor would wake daily at 4am and I never heard Nichole complain that she was tired. When my back hurts from carrying Harper Elise, I remind myself of Connor and Nichole and press forward.

 
I'm feeling a little closer to Heaven today.
- Nichole
 
RIP
Connor Steven
 
May you affect my life every day for the rest of my life. One day, I'll see you again and I want to run with you!