Friday, November 16, 2012

14 Months!!


The very first time I EVER walked away while she was standing up!

 
This is every day- mouth wide open- laughing!
 
I haven't blogged a monthly blog post in a while. Well, since Harper Elise turned 1. Life with my bundle of joy is sweet. Really sweet. I love her laugh. It's contagious. It will lift my mood like nothing else.
 
She has come so far with her gross motor skills. When we are working with her you can still tell that her right side is weak. Dr. Young said she "might not" be the best dancer and I'm already praying that we can prove him wrong one day. Join me, will you, in praying that one day Harper is a beautiful ballerina. Her therapist is phenomenal. She is so sweet. She loves our girl! She comes once a week for an hour. Harper works so hard while she is here. Then we work daily on the skills in hopes Harper get stronger and strong enough to walk!

I think the hardest part of all of this is understanding God has a plan. I'm not sure I ever shared our (mine and Brian's) PT goals. We hope by summer she can walk. 
 
It's frustrating for me when others ask, "Can she walk?" Then they look at me like something is  WRONG when I say she can't. I've started answering, "No but Harper is delayed with her gross motor skills and receives therapy once a week so we are working on it." I don't go into her diagnosis of low muscle tone or her sensory issues but I just explain that we are working on it. Immediately, everyone changes their tone and they say something along the lines of "I'm so sorry!" or they will begin asking questions. It makes the interaction pleasant and I can share how special Harper is!
 
Every day is so good! I'm so in love with this bundle of joy! Her laugh is contagious. Her blue eyes dancing about all the time. I cannot believe that our girl is already 14 months old! Time flies when you are having fun and we are having a blast!
 
What are your stats?
 
We haven't had a doctor appt in awhile but I weighed Harper the other day and she weight 24 pounds and 6 ounces.
 
No idea how tall/long.

Still in size 4 diapers.(Since 9 months)
You can say "da-da", "momma", high five, up high, , and a lot of babbling.

You give kisses and hugs.

Are in a size 3 shoe.

You are wearing 12 - 18 month clothes!

Drinking a lot of whole milk! Eating everything. Your favs are strawberries, Publix oven roasted turkey, yogurt.

You haven't had a bottle in MONTHS.
At night, you sleep in stretches varying from 10 hours to 11 hours straight.
Bedtime is 7 to 8.
You can scoot!

You can open up the cabinets and the pantry!

You can stand with minimal support or by the tv stand/ couch.

You can roll all over the place!

You've sat up a couple times by yourself in your crib!

You like to be out and about with Mommy.
 
You really LOVE being outside.

You are a chatter box!
You love Barney, The Wiggles, and anything else musical!
 
Harper,

Wow, how fast you've grown! Daddy and I are super proud of you! You are such a precious gift to us. I have not been as discouraged lately! You are doing really well and I'm praying for you ALL the time. You crack me up! You love to get into stuff and I think it is so sweet. I realize you will in God's time do all of the "big" things like stand, walk, sit up, etc. I'm enjoying being home with you and Ryan. Watching you two is the highlight of my day. I'm blessed!!! Our tree is up but you never touch it. I'm so impressed! Right now you are sleeping and I have this huge urge to go wake you up just to be with you. I love how crazy we are about each other!
I love you!
Momma