Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving

 
It's not even Thanksgiving and I'm already drooling over leftovers! Please tell me I'm not alone?!?!?! We head to my parents (they live nearby) for the day and celebrate with my dad's family and my mom's family and about 15 friends. In all there will be about 45 people there. It's most fantastic!
 
But this year, I'm dreaming about turkey and mashed potatoes!
Yes, my tree is up but I still get very excited about Thanksgiving.
 
This year, I have MUCH to be thankful for and I'm so enjoying the holiday season. Last year, was the first year that my Papa was not here with us. He passed away in April of 2011. The years prior to that I always wondered "Is this Papa's last?" This season, though, there is no one sick! That alone is a praise.
 
We are thankful for the progress Harper has made with her physical therapy and her gross motor skills. We are thankful for Jesus and all the blessings he has showered upon us. Blessed is the only way I can describe us. Satan is trying hard to butt into my holiday season but I am trying to remember to kick him out of my life and my thoughts.
 
What are your plans for thanksgiving? Will you break bread with your family?