Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Harper's Progress

I was told by our pediatrician at Harper's 1 year well check that she might be two before she does what she should've done by 1. He said Harper would likely never be a ballerina or a sports player.

I cried. I prayed. I cried. I prayed.

Then we started therapy.

 I prayed. I cried. I worked with Harper. My dad built her parallel bars.

And our PT told us she "might" walk by Christmas.

Our therapist has never admitted that she shouldn't have said that but she hasn't ever said it again. We have knew issues now though. Harper has now begun to turn her right foot out drastically. All therapy is now focused on remedying that so she doesn't need a brace. Are you kidding? I mean I don't understand.

Breaks my heart.

I guess I need a reminder of why God chose me for this task. My baby won't walk by Christmas. There I said it. Am I okay with that? With my recent PCOS diagnosis, I realize Harper is a miracle. Millions of women would trade places with me in a heartbeat to be a mother. So yes, I'm okay. Sure I'd like this hand I've been dealt to be different but mark my words one day Harper will be a beautiful ballerina.

I'm not giving her a time line to be a ballerina but one day she will dance. I am confident that God will give me this specific request. I'll post pictures, be ready.