Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!!!

So long 2012! How does the time escape us so quickly. 2012 brought joy, disappointment, heartache, and fun! I have learned much, gained much, lost much, and yearned for much. As I welcome 2013, I am EXCITED to see what God has in store! 

In January, I began to realize that Harper was delayed. She was starting to miss milestones but I chopped it up to the fact that she was a big girl! I learned a very hard lesson that God loved her more than I do and that she was created in His image.
God created man in His image... Genesis 1:27

In March, my mom decided to run for office of Tax Commissioner. We spent our summer working our tails off campaigning. It was such fun meeting new people and it brought our family closer together than ever. Ultimately she lost but it was all worth it.
 
For I know the plans I have for you, delcared the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and future. Jeremiah 29:11




April 1, marked the one year anniversary of my grandfather's death. Nothing makes it easier. Not time. Not anything. I miss him more today than I did on April 1, 2011. I would give anything to hear his words of wisdom again.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of one of His saints. Psalms 116:15

In May, Ryan was awarded many awards for his school successes. He was also chosen for Safety Patrol. A position he was dying to have! He earned all As, scored perfectly on most portions of the CRCT, and became a "senior" at his elementary school! Ryan also turned 10! Double digits!!! Stop the growing! I can't take it!

In July, we saw Ryan's team of doctors and were given a "pause" for plastic surgeries. We don't have to see our plastic surgeon until December of this year! Woo Hoo!

In August, I started keeping a little boy that is Harper's age. His name is Bennett. He is my twin. I am crazy about this little boy. I adore watching him with Harper and he is CRAZY about Ryan too! He is the best kind of baby to have- the kind that goes at the end of a long day! I am JUST KIDDING but I do adore him. Brian was also promoted. He is now an officer of SunTrust and received a nice bump in pay! God has been so good to us financially this year.

September 16, we celebrated Harper's 1st birthday! She is the most beautiful girl. She is in therapy for her low muscle tone. I used to sit and sob for hours but now I just cry a little bit. Life is hard but I'm handling it. She is wonderfully made!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139:14

In October, Brian and I celebrated 4 years of marriage. ANSWERED PRAYER. I have never known love like ours. I know when I lay down at night that the man next to me is a man of God. I know he loves me as Christ loves our church. I know that through the hard times and the good times, he is there. HE IS THERE. That’s all I ever needed. I am blessed.

I don't have the same friendships that I had at the end of 2011. I actually don't talk to those girls at all anymore. They were here for a season. I'm really okay with that because God always takes care of me and has surrounded me with other great loves! :-)2012, you’ve been good to me but I’m ready to say goodbye. I’m in a good place right now with Brian, Ryan, and Harper. My walk with the Lord is changing. I want to go deeper with Him. My friendships are PRECIOUS to me. I pray 2013 blows my socks off. 

I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year!