Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Keeping it Real!: Weightloss

Keeping it real and shouting that I'm a failure! lol Well, not totally but here goes the stats! At the beginning of 2012, I weighed 173 pounds and at the end of the year I weighed 151. So I lost 22 pounds. That's HALF a pound a week. What is that? UGH! I should be satisfied and I am. It is an accomplishment. This year though I am pressing myself to lose 34 pounds by my 34th birthday which is May 24! Cheer me on and hold me accountable.

In November, I found out that I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I was supposed to stop eating sugar. So I did. But then the holidays came and BAM! I started eating sugar. Y'all, I had given up soda, white food, all sugar and the started having it all again. I'm on Day 1 of detox and I think I may die. My head hurts much worse this time around than it did back in November.

So I'm doing it again. I'm going to focus first on giving up sugar and other dietary changes. Then I'm going to add in the gym. I got this. One small step at a time.