Friday, March 1, 2013

Praise and Worship Music

Hello Friday! I've been looking for you! I'm so excited that the weekend is upon us. We have a full weekend too. Baseball practice in the freezing cold tonight, tomorrow dress rehearsal for "Amazing Grace Race" in which my son is the lead, ministering to a widow in my church with a meal, and on Sunday we have the actual performance of "Amazing Grace Race".

I've been volunteering with our children's choir since the fall. I absolutely LOVE our kiddos. They are some of the most precious people on this Earth! I adore them. I want to put them in my pocket and carry their joy around with me all the time. On Wednesday night, we had a full run through of our musical and it got me thinking. I need to spend some time worshipping through song. Music is my most favorite way to worship. I love to lift my hands in praise!

This year, we've missed A LOT of Sunday morning church because of sickness and moving. I am LONGING to sit in our sanctuary and praise Jesus. Missing corporate worship in the worst way. I need a little bit of "I will Rise", "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)", and maybe even some "Midnight Cry".

Psalms 98:4 says:

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;
 
I'm aching to BURST into song! If you see me driving down the road with my hands lifted high, just know that my soul needs that! I think shortly Harper and I will have our own concert here at home. I think that's the best use of our time this Friday morning.