Monday, March 24, 2014

Praying for your Husband!




A few weeks ago, I attended a Ladies Dinner at my church. One of the gifts for those in attendance was a prayer card from Family Life on praying for our husbands. 




I LOVE these cards! Not very often am I given something like this that I actually put into practice. I love how each point to pray over Brian is taken from scripture. I am speaking the Living Word over my husband. That to me brings God's holy power to our relationship. I don't read through this every day but when I do, I feel so close to my husband.

 Here is the list of verses for you since the pictures are hard to read: 

Fill my husband with love for you, that he would love you "with all [his] heart and with all [his] soul and with all [his] mind".

Place his "delight... in the law of the Lord" (Psalm 1:2), and "open [his] eyes that [he] may behold wondrous things out of your law" (Psalm 119:18). Give him understanding (Psalm 119:73).

Compel him to pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17), so that he'll live and walk by your Spirit (Galatians 5:25). 

Empower him to "run with endurance the race that is set before [him]" and to focus on pleasing you (Hebrews 12:1-2).

Equip my husband with strength and wisdom to lead, that he would be "strong and very courageous," and that he may be successful wherever he goes (Joshua 1:7).

Supply him the time and ability to "manage his own household well" (1 Timothy 3:4).

Guide him in using wisely all the resources you've given us, keeping an eternal perspective about possessions (Matthew 6:19-21; Luke 16:10-13). 

May he share your hatred of evil and experience your protection (Psalm 97:10).

Enable him to be "quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger" (1 James 1:19).

Help him to trust you "with all [his] heart," and not to "lean on [his] own understanding." Make his paths straight (Proverbs 3:5). 

Flood him with peace and faith (Isaiah 26:3; John 14:11). 

Increase his desire to teach and model godliness as a father, "that the next generation might know... and not forget the works of God" (Psalm 78:5-7). 

Because you oppose the proud and give grace to the humble (James 4:6), instill a genuine sense of humility in my husband's heart (See also Isaiah 66:2).

Keep him sexually pure and honorable. "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" (Matthew 5:8; see also 1 Corinthians 6:18-20). 

Give him friendships with godly men (Proverbs 27:17), that they would "stire up one another to love and good works" (Hebrews 10:24). 

Let your favor rest upon him, and "establish the work of [his] hands" (Psalm 90:17). 

Sweet friends, I encourage you to use this list in your prayer time and really cover your husband in prayer. I believe we have a strong marriage but I cannot explain how the love grows each time I pray these verses over my husband. If your marriage is hurting, I'd encourage you to begin praying these verse daily over your husband and ask God to restore your marriage. He will do that, you just have to believe that He can. 

Let me know if you use this tool and how it makes you feel!