Thursday, March 27, 2014

Prosperity, Hope, and Our Future



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I took the above picture this morning during my quiet time. I am using You Version's plan "Reading God's Story: One Year Chronological Plan"  to read the Bible its entirety. Before I go on, I want to say that I believe wholeheartedly that the Holy Bible is the innate, infalliable, divine word of God. The words in this holy book speak a story to me of hope, promise, and assurance.  The scripture located in Jeremiah 29:11 has been my favorite verse for years.

When my ex husband and I were going through our divorce, I was not a Christian. Yes, I had grown up in church. Yes, I knew some of what the Bible said. Yes, I attended church. I had a lot of head knowledge and very little heart knowledge. I had never had a conversion experience. But my paternal grandfather who taught me most of what I know about God, gave me this verse on a magnet during a time in my life that I had no plan. I had no direction. I had no future.


My grandfather wanted me to know that while my life was spinning out of control, God had a plan. God had a plan to prosper me, give me a hope and a future. God wanted to be my fortune, my hope, and my future. As I shared a few weeks ago in the post, This is My Story, God became all of this to me. He became my everything!

This morning, when I was reading this verse in it's purest context- straight from it's own chapter- it came alive to me again!  When my grandfather gave me this verse on a magnet, he was reminding me that God had a plan. This verse is a reminder that God will give you a new beginning. Praise the Lord, I was given a new beginning! After I accepted Christ as my Savior, 8 months later I met my husband. Four years after that, we welcomed Harper Elise into our lives. We have prospered, as well. I never imagined I would be able to be a stay at home Mom but God granted me my heart's desire. God prospered us. God gave me a hope and future. My "new beginning" hasn't be free of hurts. But it has been sweet. 

This verse is not saying there won't be hardship, suffering, or pain. No matter how tough this life is though, it will be worth it. I've shared many different times of our hardship, suffering and pain. In 2010, my husband lost his job. I lost my grandfather and for almost a year each and every day was difficult. Right now, we are five weeks away from our son's maxillary distraction surgery. Suffering, hardship, and pain is very much alive in our lives. This verse isn't saying we won't experience these, it is saying because God loves me beyond my comprehension and because I am his child, He will see me through to a glorious conclusion. This life is hard. It is unfair that BOTH of my children have special care needs. But glory, hallelujah, this life isn't all that there is for me! No matter how tough this life is, I am HEAVEN BOUND! 

There is a fire in my soul for me to share my love of God with you. I want you to know Him. I want his plans for your life to come alive. I know when life is hard that I can cling to Him and that he will carry me. I want you to know that too. I want you to know that He is your Hope. He is your future. Let Jeremiah 29:11, become real in your life. Trust God with your heart. Worship Him. 

post signature