Saturday, April 5, 2014

Famous People Born with a Cleft...


As I have been researching more and more about clefts, I am always pleasantly surprised at those who are famous and/or influential that have a cleft. Granted, I can spot a cleft scar from a mile away with my eyes closed. I am that Mom who sees someone with a scar that I think may be from a cleft and I debate in my mind for a good 30 seconds on whether or not I could ask them if they had a cleft. Normally, before I can ask my son or my husband have also noticed the scar and they are giving me the "Don't ask about the scar" look. 100% of the time when I do ask, the person I am asking is grateful to tell their story and Ryan is the exact same way. 




Famous and Influential People who were born with a cleft: 


1. Tim Duggan - Retired Olympic Cyclist

Born with a cleft lip and palate. 

Timmy Duggan is such a sweet guy. Back during the 2012 summer Olympics, I sent Duggan a FaceBook message and he responded! My son and Duggan went on to be featured in our local newspaper. 



2. Joaquin Phoenix - Actor

Phoenix was born with a microform cleft that looks like a scar from a cleft lip. 



3. Jesse Jackson- Politician


Born with a cleft lip. 


4. Peyton Manning- NFL Quarterback


Born with a cleft lip.



5. Cheech Marin of "Cheech and Chong"- Actor


Born with a cleft lip.



6. Tom Brokaw - Journalist


Born with a cleft lip and palate



7. Doc Holliday


Born with a cleft lip and palate.



8. Lee Raymond - ExonMobile CEO


Born with a cleft lip.



9. Jurgen Habermas- Philosopher


Born with a cleft lip and palate.



10. Geoff Plant- Politician


Born with a cleft lip and a cleft palate.



11. Jose Ferrer- Actor


Born with cleft lip and palate.



12. Jason Robards- Actor


Born with a cleft lip.



13. Tom Burke - Actor

Born with a cleft lip



14. Thomas Malthus - Theorist


Born with a cleft lip and palate. 



15. Tad Lincoln- Son of Abraham Lincoln

Born with a cleft lip. Tad Lincoln was born during a time with there was not much medical help available for cleft lip even to the President of the United States. 



16. Tutankhamun - King

Scientist believe King Tut had a cleft palate which also would suggest he also had a cleft lip. 



17. Stacy Keach - Actor

Born with a cleft lip and palate. Keach is now an advocate for the cause. 



18. Tim Lott - Actor

Born with a cleft lip. 



19. Michael Helm - Author


Born with a cleft lip. Helm wrote "City of Refuge."



20. Carmen Bachar- Singer with the Pussycat Dolls


Born with a cleft lip. 



21. Nikki Payne- Comedian

Born with a cleft palate and as a result she speaks with a lisp. (I also speak with a lisp.)


22. Richard Hawley- British Guitarist 

Born with a cleft palate and a slight cleft lip. 


23. Ljubo  Milicevic- Professional Soccer Player

Born with cleft lip and palate. 



24. Louis Wain - Artist


Born with a cleft lip. 



25. Rita McNeil - Singer/ Songwriter


Born with a cleft lip and a cleft palate. 



26. Wendy Harmer - Author and Comedian


Born with a cleft lip.



27. Joe Mele - Actor


Born with a cleft lip.


Pictures from Ranker.com and information gathered from various sources. 
post signature
  Subscribe to Confessions of a Georgia Peach by Email