Monday, April 21, 2014

He is not Here- He is Risen!

Yesterday was Easter. The excitement that builds in my heart, as Easter approaches and the days and weeks following, over flows into everything I do. It is no secret that I love me some Jesus. My faith is my hope and that is everything to me. But Easter is why I have faith. Easter is why there is something to believe in. Easter is how I can come into His presence. My Savior's death on the cross is the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. I have accepted Christ as my Savior; I believe he was crucified, died, and ROSE AGAIN. I love celebrating what He did for me all those years ago!


Excuse me while I break into song.... "MY GOD'S NOT DEAD HE'S SURELY ALIVE AND HE'S LIVIN ON THINSIDE ROARIN LIKE A LION!!!!"

This year, the celebration started on Friday night. I was fortunate enough to be invited to attend Passion City Church's Good Friday service. Chris Tomlin was there. David Crowder Band. Tasha Cobbs. Last but not least, Pastor Louie Giglio. 

   
Y'all, the music was awesome!! I loved worshipping with 15,000 other people! It was crazy weather. It rained all day and was about 50 degrees. Needless to say, we froze. I went with my good friend, Nicole and she and I cuddled under a Tinkerbell blanket. (I wish I have a picture but I do not.) We were under covered yet open air seating. There were thousands in the wide open. 

At the service, I heard Tasha Cobbs for the first time. She sang "Break Every Chain". Word of God to my thirsty ears. 

The words are: 

There is power in the name of Jesus
to break every chain

The song sings this one line repeatedly but let me explain the "ah ha" moment. I can sit here and tell you why I can't do the work of the Lord. I have a sinful past, I didn't become a Christian until later in life, I've been married before, I've been divorced, I'm not strong enough, 

I'm not ______.

Last time, I checked my mess is His message.Every time I pray, I give my word to share my story with anyone who would listen. I've been equipped by salvation to do whatever God calls me too. 

Every chain that hinders me can be broken if I just speak the name of Jesus. 

My fear- I cry out the name of Jesus and the chain is broken.
My worry- I cry out the name of Jesus and the chain is broken. 

The power in the name of the Lord is available to those who have trusted Him to be their Savior. 

I love Easter but my God is worthy of worship and praise every single day. 

How Many Kings did what Jesus did? Only one. 
Do you know Him? 


Sunday, we attended worship at our church. It was a great service. Ryan was at his dad's so that was the worst part of the entire day! In our Sunday School class (LifeGroup), it was announced that Brian and I would be forming a new class in the upcoming weeks. I heard the above song at the perfect time. It reminds me that of all the reasons to say "no", I can say "yes" and those chains of resistance will break. 

It is a very exciting time in our marriage as we navigate through Ryan's surgery and say "yes" to several different opportunities at our church. I am excited to share my love of Jesus with others. Use me Lord!

I love Easter but my God is worthy of worship and praise every single day. 

How Many Kings did what Jesus did? Only one. 
Do you know Him? 




post signature