Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hurry Up and Wait!

It is no secret that I LOVE God (the God of the Holy Bible) with all that is in me.! He is alive working in my life and working in ways I never dreamed. I want everything I say and do to bring him glory. 

This journey we have been on with Ryan (he was born with a unilateral complete cleft lip and palate) has tested my faith but brought me closer to God. Today, in our journey, we will embark on new territory. This afternoon, Ryan will have a maxillary distraction. We have been preparing for this for months now. And today will be a day of "hurry up and wait!' 

I want to share how good our God is. Last night, the weather was supposed to be extremely bad. From midnight until 4am, we were under a tornado watch. My nerves combined with the weather that was going to be howling outside my window should have made for a restless night. I laid my head down around 11:00pm to go to sleep and my husband woke me up at 6:30am to tell me my alarm was going off. I only know it rained because my back deck is wet. Y'all my ability to sleep was provided to me by God. I am a worrier and a thinker yet my friends have been bridging the gap and they were praying we would SLEEP! And I SLEPT!!!

This next little God wink gives me chills. Let me give a little back story first: When Ryan was born, I was not a Christian but became a Christian when he was 5 years old. Since Ryan was born with his cleft, I have clung to the truth found in John 9:3. 

John 9:3

The story begins in John 9:1- "As he went along, he was saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." 

Now back to this morning. GOD IS SO GOOD. I came downstairs and stood at my back deck praying over our day and thanking God for the opportunity to be on this journey. He has to trust me a lot to have chosen me for such a time as this. After praying, I grabbed my Bible and my phone. I use the You Version app to read the Bible in a year. I figured out where I was reading today and started to read. I was to read John 7, 8, and 9. It didn't occur to me at seeing these chapters listed what I was to be reading. When I came to the heading, "Jesus Heals the Man Who was Born Blind" I felt the chills run up my legs! I was emotional and pumped that this verse was here for me today!  He planned my reading and my son's surgery so I would be comforted. One could say a cleft and blindness aren't the same thing (and that is true) but God didn't create Ryan with his cleft because of sin. He created Ryan with a cleft so that the work of God would be displayed! 

I pray that we shine God today all over that hospital. I pray that we are humbled and that He is given glory. Oh, God is good all the time! 


post signature