Saturday, April 12, 2014

Much like doubting Peter

  Your Lifeguard Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter



We've got so much going on right now that it is EASY to feel like I'm "drowning"! Here's my Top 10 list of things that are pushing me over the edge. 

1. Potty Training Harper! I cannot get her to potty in a potty for anything in this world! 

2. I'm an adult and yet I still feel "left out" so often. Is this high school? My value isn't determined by my family or friends. My Savior thought I was to die for! 

3. Ryan's surgery and paying for it. I have already heard some comments about our fundraising efforts and all I can say is, "I'm sorry that you are offended. My son needs this surgery and unfortunately we need financial help to make it happen." 

4. I have lost almost 30 pounds this year and I still fat!

5. Finances. Finances. Finances. 

6. Our lease on our current house is up in February. Do we continue to live here or do we move? 

7. Moving? To where? 

8. Have I mentioned Ryan's surgery? 

9.  I sold some stuff on eBay and I have YET to make time to mail it. (I know this is easily solved but it's still on the list.)

10. I need a date with my husband and time with my friends. (Done. Friday night: double date night with our accountability partners.)

I see this list and I think, "It's understandable that I'm stressed." But when I saw this photo last night on Pinterest, the peace that flooded my heart and mind was indescribable. My Savior, my God walked on water. 

Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 14:22-33

I'm not going to drown. I may feel like Peter and doubt but my Savior walked on water. So if I start to sink, He can pull me up. Nothing is too much for me to handle with God on my side. 
post signature