Tuesday, July 15, 2014

It's never too late...



I changed my Facebook profile photo to the one pictured here. Last night, I went to a Ladies Night Out with my AdvoCare friend, Molly. {love her!} First, let me explain that in an organization that is direct sales, everyone has a "sponsor". The two girls Molly and Kim who I spend a great deal of time with ARE NOT my sponsor. So the friendship I have formed with these girls and Brian has formed with Jerry (Molly's husband) is real! FOR REAL. They are helping us meet our goals and just doing life with us. I want people to know that it's not all about making a dollar. It's about life. It's about friendship. It's about chasing hard after God and hard after our dreams. I get to chase my dreams with some incredible girls.

(This is Molly. She's beautiful inside and out!)

Let me tell you a little bit about "Ladies Night Out". It was in Cleveland, Tennessee. Do you know where that is? I sure don't even though I was there LAST NIGHT. We drove 1 hour and 30 minutes. There is no part of me that was even remotely looking forward to going. When Molly text me and asked me to go, I was thinking "no". I called Brian at work for reinforcement that he would tell me I could just stay home. Ryan was sick with an ear infection. I would have to get a sitter. And I would have to get ready. I ain't got time for all that. So I knew that Brian would tell me to just stay put AT HOME. Wrong. My husband told me "Go. You will have fun. It will be good for you. Your Momma will watch the kids." I wasn't sure what was happening to me but I was certain I was in the twilight zone. Never ever has Brian not agreed with whatever emotion I was feeling. But, I went and I am THANKFUL I did.

The picture that I am holding in the photo up top is what I won! It says, "It's never to late to live HAPPILY EVER AFTER." This quote is me. It brings tears to my eyes, literally. {I hear those of you who are reading this that know me "in real life" laughing that I cried. I cry about everything.} I turned 35 this year. I didn't want to be 35. My life is a mess. It is just a wreck.

I wanted to be in a different place by now. I am supposed to have life all figured out. I'm not supposed to be on my second marriage, the mother of two children with special needs, living pay check to barely pay check. At 35, I was going to be ___________. I don't know what I was going to be but I'm not. I am 35 and nothing is figured out.

It is never too late to live HAPPILY EVER AFTER. 

I sat in a room last night with 50 + women, all of us had a story. Most of the women in the room were already involved AdvoCare and the hostess wanted us to fellowship with one another and share our stories, our hope, our purpose. I didn't chose AdvoCare for our family, my husband did. When push came to shove and it was obvious that I needed to go back to work, I started researching direct sales companies. I wanted another company and Brian said, "If you are going to do direct sales, you are going to do AdvoCare." Last night, sitting in this room full of women who had also celebrated birthdays with unmet expectations and goals, I realized we have stumbled upon a gift

AdvoCare is hope for my family. It's the assurance that if it worked for those 50 women it CAN work for us. I know some of you are tired of hearing me speak AdvoCare but I want to ask you something, a favor of sorts

I am asking everyone who reads this to join us in earnest prayer over our little business. Pray that this business will work for us. I'm not asking God to make me a millionaire. I am asking God to pave a way to $1000.00 a month. Pray that AdvoCare will provide the extra money we need so I can continue to be home with my children. Pray if this isn't what God wants right now that my attitude would be gracious and gentle as the search for a real job begins. We want to be able to stop living pay check to barely pay check. We want to tithe regularly and at 10%, we want to help others, we want to go on mission trips, when our local resource center is out of diapers I want to be able to donate a pack or two. 

If you want to look into AdvoCare because you need something in your life to be different or you don't want to chase an 8-5 job, I would love for you to come to an event and hear more or to talk directly to me. I can be reached at lbshoemaker(at)gmail(dot)com. If you think you may be interested in product then I would love to tell you about product. AdvoCare isn't for everyone. I get that but we are more than weight loss. 

Thanks for joining me in prayer. Knowing we are prayed for brings a smile on my face and I am thankful for what the Lord is going to do in our lives and in our happily ever after. 

post signature 
  Never miss another post from your favorite Georgia Peach! Click here to subscribe via Email!