Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Today was a good day...


This quote speaks truth. Some people make my smile bigger and my life better. Today was a rare day of calm and laughter in the sea of busyness that has become my life. The day started off early. The little princess woke at 5:30am. I immediately dreaded the day ahead of me. I could not see how my day could unfold in any way that would leave me feeling the way I do right now. In my humble opinion, today has been a "God wink". One of those moments that happen and you realize that the only way possible is by God.

I started my day spending quality time with the Lord. I'm fresh off a spiritual high from the movie War Room. If you have not seen it. Go. No, seriously go right now. I approached my prayers this morning with fresh eyes and a renewed spirit. (I want to do a post about the movie and the application that I took from it but I don't have time right now.)

This morning after spending time with two of my favorite men (Jesus & Brian), I was able to visit with a friend and our kids played. One of my daughter's best friends is a little boy and I am crazy about this boy's mom. She is one of those people who I can let see all my sides. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Those people are hard to come by. Unfortunately, this summer was very busy and August hasn't let up so today was the first day we had really been able to sit together and chat. It was nice. I love those people who you can be with for awhile and when you leave your heart has been refueled. You know what I mean, right? Our kids play well together too and when it was time to go Harper did not throw a tantrum. Huge WIN! 

Harper tried new foods at lunch. She took a 3 hours nap! During ballet my child may have gotten moved for trying to help her friend who was refusing to dance but I had the best laugh that my girl was being moved away from her friends already. My girl is going to get in trouble so I'm thankful that she was being disciplined for being helpful and not a bully. More WINNING!

My man child asked me to sit next to him at the table while he did his homework. I had no idea how to do his homework so I tried to walk away. He said, "Please sit with me Mom. I'm sorry that it's taking so long but I want you here." Did you read that? He asked me to sit so I'd be near him!!!!! My heart almost leaped out of my chest! I would've sat for days! WIN! At 13, the quality time doesn't happen as easily as it does with the 3 year old. I have to be available when he wants and sometimes I miss the sign. But today, I was there and my phone was in another room! Thank you, Jesus! 

My son is at his Dad's. My daughter is with my parents. (Another topic for another day.) My hubby is at work. I sit here reflecting on my wonderful day. I was so unworthy of this day. Y'all, yesterday at my house was rough. I was ugly. I treated these three people, that I am so fortunate to do life with, like yesterday's garbage. I was grumpy because I wanted to nap and when my boys went to the gym the dog woke me up and Harper. I was nasty about not getting a nap and not being able to find my fake pumpkins. What on earth is wrong with me? No nap and no pumpkin and I act like I had never seen the inside of a Bible and used my mouth like a Sailor! It was really sad. I have to seek forgiveness from my people so often that I am surprised they still love me but they do. I had to ask God to forgive me for tossing his blessings aside like they don't matter.I had to ask my family to forgive me because I know my actions hurt them.  It's shameful. But grace abounds and His mercy is new every morning. I should've been given a very terrible not so good day.

Yet my God doesn't work like that, I said my apologies to him and to those I love. Today, I'm going to bed knowing I gave this day my all and this day was so good to me. post signature